Friday night for our church’s Reclaim meeting, I was inspired to make good old fashioned Rice Krispie Treats. They were yummy, and totally brought me back to my childhood. When my mom would make Rice Krispie Treats for us, she would always make them with peanut butter. i didn’t have the recipe on friday, so we just made the original kind, but since I have another box of Rice Krispies…I will definitely be making Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats sometime this week. Here’s the recipe if you’re interested…melt some semi-sweet chocolate chips and drizzle on top and you’ve got a pretty amazing little dessert.
Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 (10 ounce) package regular marshmallows
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 6 cups KELLOGG’S® RICE KRISPIES® Cereal
- In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter until smooth.
- Add KELLOGG’S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Cut into 2-inch squares. Best if served the same day.
I haven’t tried this recipe yet…but Nutella is kind of an addiction of mine, so maybe I will need one more box of Rice Krispies to try this one too!
Nutella Rice Krispie Treats
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
1 package (10 oz.) regular marshmallows or 4 cups miniature marshmallows
1 cup Nutella
6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat and stir in Nutella until melted.
Add cereal. Stir with a wooden spoon or spatula until well coated. It helps to spray a little nonstick cooking spray on the spoon to keep it from sticking.
Using a sheet of wax paper, evenly press mixture into a 13 x 9-inch pan coated with nonstick cooking spray. Cool and cut into 2-inch squares.